Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I STILL DO!

Today Eddie and I are celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary. I told him it seems like we have been married for so much longer than that! I have been planning for a week on how to make our anniversary special and to surprise Eddie. Last night I sent him an invitation for dinner for two through e-vite. I bribed our kids with movie rentals, popcorn, candy and a special dinner for them too if they would retreat to the basement for a couple of hours so Eddie and I could have a romantic dinner ALONE! They happily agreed.

I told Eddie in his invitation that he had to stay up in his office/man cave from 5-7pm so I could get things ready. I fed the kids their special pasta dinner and garlic bread the got to work on our dinner. I quickly set the table with a nice cloth, "Good Dishes", unity candle from our wedding, flowers, and the same sparkling wine that we had at our reception.

I then started preparing the food.... salad, scallops and shrimp wrapped in bacon as appetizers and stuffed shells with garlic bread.

I called Eddie down at 6:45pm asking him to set up the movie in the basement for the kids then to come to the kitchen. He did not even try to peak. At this point the appetizers were in the broiler and he said he smelled seafood and guessed a fish dinner. When he came back up I was pulling them out of the oven and he was SHOCKED.

He was really surprised. If you know Eddie at all, you know this is VERY hard to do. He was actually at a loss for words.

Our kids were great! They gave us our 2 hours and we actually sat and ate slowly, talked about things other than the kids and remembered why we got married and reminded ourselves again just how much we love each other. Eddie remembered little detail on the table which meant the world to me.

Happy Anniversary honey! I love you more everyday!

No comments: