Couldn't Resist This Shot!
This is my first attempt at blogging! I thought it was time that I move ahead and tried something new. Eddie and I want to be able to share more of our precious moments with Brandon and Ryan with our family and friends more frequently since we are not around the corner anymore. What a better time to start... Halloween. We had a lot going on in October.... Brandon's First ever Tae Kwon Do tournament and Ryan's first Pumpkin Patch field trip.
Through all of this, I have had to take a break from "Supermom" mode to have knee surgery. The kids and Eddie have been terrific in helping around the house and running the stairs for me. Eddie even braved the grocery store with Brandon and the bookstore to get me my Martha Stewart magazine. How sweet is that!?? My last big events before the surgery were the Pumpkin Patch and the Tournament. I made sure to get them in before hand so that I could truly enjoy those moments with the boys.
Brandon, Ryan and I headed up to Maryland on October 10th to stay the weekend at Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Corey's house since the Tae Kwon Do tournament was in Yok, PA the next day. Ryan spent Saturday with Aunt Lindsay, Grammy and his new baby cousin James while Brandon and I went to the tourney. (Daddy had to stay behind with our dog Bailey). Aunt Lindsay and Grammy kept Ryan busy with a trip to the pumpkin patch and lots of things going on at the house. He was their big helper with James that day.
Ryan Helping to Keep James Happy & Playing
Brandon's first event was board breaking. He was a little crushed as he broke 2 of the 3 boards and was mad at himself because he said "Mom, I know I could have broken that last one". As soon as his little foot stepped onto the gym floor, I was in tears and beaming with pride. I was truly a nervous wreck all day! His second event was forms. AND man he did AWESOME!! Brandon came in second place earning his first trophy! His last event was sparring and again, I was nervous and cheering him on. While he did not get to the trophy round. He did GREAT again, and lost his match by only 1 point! He was so proud of himself that day as of course were his dad and I that he is now preparing for his second tournament on November 15th.
Brandon Takes 2nd Place!
Ryan takes his first Pre-K field trip to the Pumpkin Patch. This was a very special day for he and Mommy. While the weather did not cooperate, it was raining and very cold. We still had an absolute ball. Ryan scoped out his pumpkin then chose one for his big brother.
I Want the PERFECT Pumpkin!
Taking a Hayride Through the Pumpkin Patch
After school on Halloween Day we carved our pumpkins. Below is the finished product. The boys designed the faces while Mom carved them out.

After a yummy dinner of homemade veggie soup to warm our tummies, we got the boys into their costumes to take our annual picture out front with our decorations. Batman and Harry Potter, what a great duo the boys made!
Since I was still recovering from surgery, Eddie took the boys out to get the treats. Loaded with flashlights in hand my three men took off into the night and I sat on the driveway in my witches costume to greet all the neighborhood ghouls and goblins! We hope your Halloween was as fun filled as ours! Stay tuned for more..... down here in the burg!
No comments:
Post a Comment