Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day... Santa Did Come!

AWWWW... I Got a Bakugan!

YES, it's Martian Matters!


Look, Daddy Got Me A John Deere Shirt

Thanks Gram for the Polo!

We Are Ready to ROCK IT!


Not My Usual Spread.... Seems so Small with Only The Four of Us


It was a rough couple days here in the Burg! I came down with the flu early on Christmas Eve morning and spent all of that day and night in bed. Eddie came in to check on me at one point and I was almost hysterical. I had been so sick I could not do all the things I had planned to do with the boys. I had planned to take Brandon to Christmas Eve Mass, bake a pumpkin with the boys for Eddie, get the kids ready with cookies and milk for Santa and tuck their sweet little bodies into bed. I was beside myself that I could not do these things. Eddie did all he could to calm me down, but it was not an easy task. On Christmas morning, I actually woke Eddie up and he got the boys. I put my best foot forward as sick as I still was and rallied for the kids. They were so excited that Santa had come. We always start with our stockings (mainly to give mom and dad time to wake up more). Then they went to town on their gifts. In between, we called Grammy and Aunt Lindsay to say Merry Christmas and tell them what Santa had brought them. I made omelets for Eddie and I then started on Christmas dinner. We sat down to eat a little earlier than usual for us around Noon as this was our first year as just the four of us. I really did not time the day well. It was different not working around family coming in so I still need to work on the kinks on that one. I had a plate full in front of me but just could not do it. After everyone ate, I cleaned up the dishes and headed back to bed. The pie still had not been made, but dinner turned out great I was told. The boys played all day with one toy after another. Dad joined in and played their new Rock Band game with them. I could hear the laughter from the basement in my room. From Legos, to Webkinz, to Jammies and Undies, Tae Kwon Do gear and board games. They had lots to keep them busy.


No comments: