Father's Day is always bitter sweet for me. I head out on the hunt for the perfect card(s) for Eddie and wind up drifting to the cards that I would have gotten my dad. It has definitely gotten easier each year, but that initial dread is always there. I try to keep focused on the fact that it is Eddie's day now and that seems to help. Being in Virginia is tough, because normally I would swing over to the cemetery and leave flowers and a balloon for my dad. Now my sister and mom handle that.
Father's Day morning was very nice. The kids wanted to actually make their dad his gifts this year. Ryan had made one in school a clay Pizza and decided to make him a picture frame that he painted with only a tiny bit of help from Mom. Brandon painted and decorated a wooden crate for Eddie to use in his closet to organize his things.
Eddie and I made breakfast together and then all of us watched him open his cards and gifts.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment