Sunday, August 2, 2009

Suprise 40th Celebration for Eddie

There truly is nothing better than family! A few weeks ago my sister emailed me wanting to help to make Eddie's 40th birthday special. She know how important birthdays in general are to me let alone it being a big one. She and Corey and my mom got together and set a plan in motion to surprise Eddie. His actual birthday is August 19th so I knew the date would not be a give away. We headed up to Maryland under the guise that Eddie was going to an Orioles game with Corey and us (me and the boys) hanging out with Grammy, Aunt Lindsay and James.

Our good friend Jada was also invited and she arrived literally as we did. So I quickly fibbed and told Eddie that she came to hang with us so as not to give away the surprise until we got inside. SURPRISE, we tricked you! Eddie saw decorations, balloons and food set up. My family really out-did themselves. He was speechless and very surprised. Those of you who know me know I personally HATE surprises and it is not easy to surprise Eddie. How did I pull it off you ask??? Did not mention word one to my kids. That made it simple to pull off!!! Sorry boys, it's true you don't keep secrets well.

There were so many munchies from cheese and crackers to shrimp and a cool spicy dip, fruit and chips with dip. Corey made the most incredible Crab Cakes that Eddie is still raving about today (Hey Lynn... where is that recipe?). Corey paired the crab cakes with fillets that were grilled to perfection.

A few beers and some time chilling and catching up were followed by presents. Eddie was given a Smoker/Grill combo and several types of smoker chips in different flavors. Then we had cake and a toast to Eddie. My sister even had a special cupcake for Ryan with a candle for him to blow out too so we sang to both of them.

My family is amazing and I am so grateful for what they did to make Eddie's birthday special. We had such a wonderful day and will never forget it. Thank you all we love you so much!


Family Photo!





Hey, what's in here? Can I help?


Ryan helping Dad with his cards






I needed a new one of these!



James working on his wrestling moves with Ryan


Take that Ryan, I've got ya now!



No, Lindsay did not make the typo, the bakery did!



Get ready to make a wish!


Happy 40th Eddie, we love you!

No comments: