Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

Well, today was rough. My last "baby" went off to Kindergarten today. He was super excited after meeting his teacher on Friday (Mrs. Soper who Brandon had for Kindergarten too WOOHOO). I fought back tears at the bus stop this morning although Ryan was not fooled. He said I know you are going to cry mom and it's okay cause I love you lots. How sweet is that?? Both Brandon and Ryan could not wait for the bus this morning. When the bus arrived after a quick kiss goodbye from both they ran to bus beaming. Ryan was thrilled. Then once it pulled away, I burst into tears and watched the bus pull away. I came the house and was crying for a bit then went to meet up with some mom's from our school for coffee this morning. That helped quite a bit. I really missed them today and was chomping at the bit to know how their first day went. They got off the bus with HUGE smiles and ran straight for Eddie and I and were little chatter boxes about their day. All is right with the world, while I am still a little sad that my "baby" is growing up.... I am so proud of him for not being scared and running straight at Kindergarten head on. Ryan told me that he stayed in the green today, did not move to red and gave me a high five. This means, he was good all day no discipline. That's my boy!

Check out our First Day Duds

Kindergartners where ID tags the first two weeks
so they have bus, home and teacher info in one place.
Heading to the bus stop



The mad dash to the bus

Here they come, they made it home!


Running to the house at the end of the day all SMILES

No comments: